Every day, good people face incredible struggles. Their lives are turned upside down by legal issues in civil litigation or criminal law, and the uncertainty of the legal system can be overwhelmingly stressful.
When our clients walk into Bachand & Morphis Law Firm for the first time, they are under a great deal of pressure — pressure we seek to alleviate through straightforward, informative and understanding representation. The attorneys of Bachand & Morphis Law Firm represent individuals throughout Florida in criminal defense, personal injury, immigration and family law disputes with a focus on quality and lasting results.
Your Family, Injury, Immigration & Criminal Defense Attorney
The Bachand & Morphis Law Firm has more than 30 years of experience in a wide range of practice areas. Our lawyers’ skill has always been highlighted in courtroom proceedings, where he has developed an ability to find solutions that not only address his clients’ immediate needs, but also protect them for years to come.
Every case is handled with personal attention and a willingness to listen to client concerns. Bachand & Morphis Law Firm is a safe place where people can discuss the circumstances in their lives free from judgment. We focus on informing our clients of what route is most likely to lead them back to calm waters in their personal life.
Whether the opposing party in your case is a prosecutor charging you with an OUI, an insurance company fighting your car accident injury claim, or your former spouse disputing issues of a divorce, we protect your best interests with integrity, professionalism and unmatched skill.
We take the time to understand the circumstances that brought you into our office, believing that solid solutions are only achieved through a deep understanding of the problem. We will never needlessly take your case to court, but we will always be thoroughly prepared for it.
Maximum Compensation for Your Personal Injury
We understand what clients are going through in personal injury cases and work exclusively on contingency to do everything we can to obtain compensation. In every case on which we work, we partner one on one with clients to understand the full nature and scope of their injuries. We can then work toward the best possible resolution in the form of mediation, arbitration or litigation. While we’ve had substantial luck with settlements, we prepare every case as though it’s going to trial. When insurance companies see the how we’re building a case, they’re often willing to settle for fair compensation. We offer representation for these and other personal injury claims:
- Car, truck, motorcycle and bus accidents
- Wrongful death and medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Assault and battery
- Workplace injury
- Dog bites and animal attacks
At Bachand & Morphis Law Firm, we want to help. We have seen how injuries caused by negligence can affect a person’s life. Insurance companies rarely pay enough to cover all of your current medical bills, much less future expenses and time lost from work. Our attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company for you, so you can concentrate on healing. We will seek maximum compensation for your injuries to cover all of your accident-related expenses.
We Can Help in Your Family Law Issue
When you are involved in a divorce, custody battle, or alimony and support modification action – you want timely answers to your questions. Because emotions can run so high in family law matters, it is crucial that you obtain professional and objective legal representation from an experienced family law attorney. If retained as your attorneys, we will take the time to explain the issues in your case, the applicable law, the various options available to you, and possible outcomes. Armed with this knowledge, you can then make the best possible decisions about your case and your future. We can represent you in a variety of family law issues, including:
- Divorce and separation: We will help you determine your needs and establish your goals as you separate your life from that of your spouse.
- Child support: We will help you figure out how much child support you will pay or receive.
- Child custody and visitation: We will help you set up a parenting plan that is in the best interests of your children.
- Contempt of court orders: If your former spouse refuses to follow the orders that you agreed to or that were issued by the court, we can prepare papers whereby he or she may be held in contempt.
- Modifications of court orders: As your lives change, you may need to change the court orders regarding child support, visitation schedules and custody of your children.
- Adoption and legitimation Our attorneys can help you with the legal aspects of adopting a child. We can also help you deal with paternity and legitimation issues, whether you are the father or the mother of the child involved.
The family law attorneys of Bachand & Morphis Law Firm are here to support and guide you through the difficult family issues you face. A family crisis may become a legal matter, but it doesn’t have to become a legal crisis. Our experience makes us effective advocates and a source of support and well-grounded advice.
The Most Professional Criminal Defence
A criminal conviction can change everything. Aside from the potential for steep fines and incarceration, you could face long-term challenges in finding employment, renting apartments, getting an education or retaining your rights if you are convicted of a crime. The criminal defense lawyers at Bachand & Morphis Law Firm retain a singular depth of knowledge and expertise regarding criminal statutes, case law, criminal procedure, sentencing issues, and updates and changes in the law. They represents individuals who have been questioned, arrested, accused of or charged with a criminal offense and handle every type of criminal matter, from routine misdemeanors to the most complex and serious felony charges including:
- DUI/DWI and traffic violations: We handle all types of traffic citations, from DUI/DWI to speeding violations, and provide courteous and professional services in helping you minimize the impact of that violation.
- Assault and battery: We defend the accused in a wide range of charges, including assault and battery.
- Drug crimes: We defend people charged with violations of the controlled substance laws: possession of marijuana and other drugs.
- White collar crimes: Our attorneys have years of experience with the wide range of “white collar crime” charges, including fraud, embezzlement, extortion, computer and other crimes.
- Sex crimes: We defend clients against charges such as possession of child pornography, compelling prostitution, sexual assault, etc.
- Murder/Homicide: The murder is considered the most serious crime in Florida, so it is vital to retain the services of a criminal defense lawyer immediately. We have all the need experience to defend your rights.
When you hire us to handle your criminal defense, we will carefully review the facts and circumstances surrounding both the investigation and your arrest, to determine whether there was probable cause for the search, seizure or arrest. We will also examine whether evidence was properly obtained. If your constitutional rights were violated, we will seek the exclusion of evidence and/or the dismissal of all charges.
We Support Your Immigration Needs
Whether you are seeking an immigrant visa, political asylum or need assistance with the process of becoming a U.S. citizen, our knowledgeable immigration lawyers can assist you in navigating complex immigration laws and help you solve your immigration problem. We understand that U.S. laws can be difficult to interpret and the administrative process is often stressful. Our firm takes pride in providing individualized attention for each of our clients. Our multi-lingual staff stands ready to ease you through each important step. When you meet with us, we listen to your problem and carefully explain the law as it pertains to your case, which may include:
- Non-immigrant visas: We help to obtain a visa status for prosessionals, students, investors, persons establishing a business in the U.S., etc.
- Immigrant visas: We provide support to U.S. companies that want to retain valuable employees who do not possess permanent residence.
- Family immigration: We represent U.S. citizens who want to bring a foreign spouse or relatives to the United States or obtain permission for them to remain here permanently.
- Deportation/Removal: We can assist you when you are apprehended and placed in deportation/removal proceedings.
- Citizenship: If you are a permanent resident who want to become a U.S. citizen, our professional lawyers will help you achieve that.
Only an immigration law firm that understands the complexity of the relevant law and regulations can provide the knowledge necessary to present your case with the greatest chances of success. With specialized knowledge and skills derived from more than two decades of experience, immigration lawyers of Bachand & Morphis will recommend the best options and devise a strategy to accomplish your immigration goals